Whether you are going out for a trip on the water with your boat by yourself or with a ton of friends, making the most of your trip comes down to the planning you put in before you even leave the dock. Here are some of the things you should be considering before leaving the safety of the shores the next time you want to take the boat out for a little fun on the water.
1. Boating Maintenance – If something were to wrong with your boat while a storm was approaching, you turn a fun day into a life and death situation. Be sure you have a professional maintaining and checking the condition of your boat on a regular basis.
2. Invest in Safety – If the boat were to become capsized, are you equipped to get everyone back to shore safely? If you hesitated, now is the time to invest in a boating safety class so that you are in a better position to handle anything the rough seas throw at you.
3. Boating School Class – Even the best boaters could stand to learn something from boating school. In these classes you will learn how to safely navigate the waters, call in for help, and what equipment is a must for anyone taking people out to sea in their boat.
4. Safety Equipment – The best money you can spend on your boat is on safety equipment. The things you should have on your boat are plenty of life jackets, first aid kit, a satellite radio or phone, and a GPS. Make sure you let someone on shore know when you are going out too.
5. Alcohol and Boating – Drinking alcohol and boating is illegal just like drinking an operating a car. When you drink alcohol, you become impaired to the point you can not navigate boating signals, rough waters, or even oncoming storms. Wait until you are back at shore to drink.
6. Fuel Up Now – Don’t assure you will get gas later in the day, many times these fueling stations run out of gas or are closed for maintenance. Fuel up before you leave so you have a full tank and can easily get to where you need and back without fear of running out of fuel.
Take these simple yet important steps to heart and the next time you’re heading out for some fun on the water, you will make the most of that day and create memories that will last a lifetime. For more info visit: Boatmo.com